Friday, 3 February 2012


I studied Sociology at METU in Ankara, Turkey. After I graduated in 2003, although I was to do my MA in Sociology at the same university, I made a life changing decision to take some time off my studies and travel. It was in Nicaragua that I decided to do the CELTA course to be able to continue what I enjoyed doing the most; experiencing the life in different countries, finding out about their cultures, and meeting people from a variety of backgrounds.

I did my CELTA with IH Barcelona in May 2005 and since then I've been teaching at IH schools. I taught at IH Qingdao 2005/6 and IH ToruĊ„ 2006/8. I have been working for IH Akcent Prague since September 2008. I enjoy working for International House mainly for their commitment to teacher development. I have completed the IH Young Learners Course in 2007, CALL Course in 2008 and IH Language Awareness Course in 2009.

I was a Start Right Programme coordinator during the 2009 school year  at IH Akcent when I also started getting trained to be an IHCYL tutor. I had to take a year off my responsibilities while I was doing the part-time DELTA last year. Currently, I’m a full-time EFL teacher, an IHCYLT tutor, and a senior teacher at IH Akcent Prague. I'm also an oral examiner for Cambridge YLE, KET and PET for schools. I would like to further develop in CALL and share my knowledge and experiences with my colleagues, which is also one of my responsibilities at IH Akcent this year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment